Many of us in Pennsylvania had a few days off this week from snow (and our school had a gas leak day off). Those precious days off can be wonderful for catching up on grading papers, or, alternatively, days to do English-type-things.
Here’s PCTELA member Gina Motter’s list of 5 “English-y” things I did this week with two unexpected days off
- Contacted a former English teaching colleague whom I have missed terribly
- Discarded teaching materials long buried and forgotten (Catherine Called Birdy from 18 years ago; Chinese Cinderella from 17 years ago, and many others!).
- Read several more chapters in Neil Gaiman’s The View from The Cheap Seats.
- Wrote a sonnet in honor of a colleague
- and graded half of 62 writing assignments on Henry V
Hopefully you all had safe, productive, relaxing time this week.