Friday Five: Articles For Black History Month to Share with Students
- “Star Ballerina” this Time for kids article profiles “Misty Copeland, the first African-American woman to be promoted to principal dancer at the American Ballet Theatre.”
- 12 Poems to Read for Black History Month poets.org “asked twelve contemporary black poets from across the country to choose one poem that should be read this month and to tell us a bit about why.”
- “Unpublished Black History” every day the New York Times will publish “Revealing moments in black history, with unpublished photos from The New York Times’s archives.”
- “Frederick Douglass” information on the History Channel
- An interesting article on Black History Month from the Independent, in the UK.
Posted by Kate, Blog Editor and Book Reviewer for PCTELA