Want to be festive on Monday, but don’t want an elaborate costume? Try some of these old classic plays on words, or a new classic.
1. Ceiling Fan: Wear a shirt that says Go Ceiling! and wave a pom-pom. You’re the ceiling’s number one fan!
2. Blackeyed Pea: Cut out a large P from construction paper, pin it on your shirt, and blacked one eye. Who says you can’t be Fergie?
3. Deviled Egg: Wear devil-horn headband along with a white T-shirt with a yellow circle of felt or construction paper pinned on it.
4. Smartypants: pin some smarties candy to your pants. You can hand them out to others throughout the day.
OR, you can go with a pumpkin tie and say you’re:
5. David S. Pumpkins. I know this isn’t a pun, but for some reason I just can’t stop watching this Tom Hanks skit from Saturday Night Live. All you need is pumpkin-print apparel.
Kate as deviled egg