1. Books! All kinds of books! Diverse choice in dozens of sections.
2. Affordability. Books are prices to move–they range from $1 to $6. There is a section of higher priced books for collectors, but you can walk out with 20 books for $50.
3. The money goes to a good cause. The American Association of University Women supports women. From their website “AAUW has been empowering women as individuals and as a community since 1881. For more than 130 years, we have worked together as a national grassroots organization to improve the lives of millions of women and their families.” The State College AAUW awards three to four $5,000-7,000 scholarships each year to local women returning to college.
4. Great way to celebrate mother’s day. Need a fun activity to do with mom/kids after brunch? Come browse the booksale. Affordable gifts and priceless time spent together.
5. Instill a love of reading and a love of treasure hunting.One of the best parts about this sale is the camaraderie of people shopping for books. It isn’t unusual for strangers to recommend books to each other, or old friends to catch up while browsing. And you never know when you’ll find that copy of a book you loved in fourth grade.
If you go, tweet out your images/finds/excitement to @AAUW_SC