Welcome to warmer weather and the last marking period. Here are a few tell-tale signs pointing to spring’s arrival at your high school:
1. Every class period, someone asks: “can we have class outside?”
2. Students (and some teachers) sport the first sunburns of the season and even more flesh is exposed to the light. (This year’s unfortunate fashion choice: midriff shirts are back.)
3. Seniors have stopped doing work and have stopped even pretending to do work. (Be careful, senioritis can be contagious for juniors…and for teachers.)
4. Field Trip season is upon us–and some days you may have less than 50% in attendance for your class–all excused for field trips or sports events.
5. Teachers have already begun to field those annoying “oh, at least you get summers off” comments from the uninformed…