So today I’m going to meet a dog who is up for adoption. I’m already planning our life together, and as a reader, I’ve got a lot of valid reasons why this is a great idea.
1. I can take him for walks to the little free library up the street.
2. He will cuddle with me while I’m reading.
3. I have an excuse for not staying out late (I have to feed my dog) when in fact I just want to go home and read a book.
4. When I talk aloud to myself about the book I’m reading, I can address him, and it will seem like I’m having a conversation with another person.
5. You have someone to name after your favorite character.
(I mean, who could resist this guy?)