As we prepare to return to our classrooms (or maybe you already have!) I thought I would share some of these discounts for teachers.
1. Office Depot: If you get their teacher card (free), you can buy 4 times the amount of supplies on special. This means if folders are one cent, and the limit is 10, you can buy 40. They also have a Star Teacher program where you get 10% back, and a teacher appreciation day. My local store’s teacher appreciation day gives out a free tote bag and has a ridiculous buffet of breakfast. And it is this Saturday! Find your nearest store and when they have teacher appreciation day here.
2. Ann Taylor Loft: This is one of my favorite places to find professional clothes, and who knew they had a teacher discount! Go here to sign up for special discounts (including 15% all purchases!) and to find out when they have teacher appreciation nights.
3. Michaels Arts & Crafts: I wish I’d know about the 15 % off at Michael’s (with your school ID) years ago! I have spent a lot of time in that store finding things for class–whether it is paper or props or office supplies.
4. AT&T /Verizon/Sprint: did you know you should have 15%-20% off your bill for your cell phone if you’re a teacher? Check with your service provider. I know my discount comes from who my employer is (the school district) but I am sure if you contact your cell phone provider and ask if they have an educator discount, they will help you out.
5. Find your own discount…check out this website that lists 100+ discounts for teachers!
Posted by Kate, VP Secondary